The SCTP is based on the latest developments in Neuroscience, Human Behavior, Personal Development, and is derived from 50+ years of proven methodologies rooted in Neuro-Linguistics, Solution Focused Methods, Positive Psychology, and Appreciative Inquiry.
The SCTP focuses on the person as a whole system, and the methodology recognizes that goals, challenges, opportunities, and obstacles are often rooted in multiple areas of a person’s life. Whether you become an executive coach, corporate or career coach, Shipley’s set of comprehensive techniques will equip you with confidence to build a transformative professional coaching relationship with your clients from the critical first meeting till closure of the coaching engagement.
The Shipley Coaching Advantages
- Credentialed. The SCTP are fully accredited International Coach Federation (ICF) ACSTH and ACTP programs.
- Practical. The SCTP challenges participants to make specific improvements in their own performance after each and every meeting.
- Systematic. Many Coaching programs pull from multiple unrelated models (i.e. the 4 steps to, the Venn diagram for, the ladder of, or the 5 stages of…). This often leaves new coaches trying to decide on which model to use? The SCTP uses a systemic model that all the other models use and is coherent with all the others.
- Powerful approach. The SCTP approach combines the best practices in coaching, peer support, facilitation, goal setting, accountability, setting goals and tracking progress, and a long-term program.
- Measurable. The SCTP emphasis is on achieving measurable results throughout the program.
- Emphasis on results. Unlike most programs that focus on how satisfied the participant was, the SCTP program tracks results achieved. Not just gains in skills – but actual results that each participant documents.
- Flexible. The topics discussed in the SCTP are based on student experiences, not canned business examples that may not fit class needs.
How do you become a Shipley certified coach?
The first step in becoming a certified coach is to complete Shipley Coach Training program ACSTH that is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and aligned with their standards.
The ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative manner that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. In order to be that partner, the student must first invest the time, energy, and resources needed in their skill development. Coaching is a game changing experience that dramatically adjusts people’s paradigms, habits, and perspectives. It allows people to create tremendous positive change in their personal and professional life, therefore, coaching is a career path that needs to be taken seriously.
The second step in the journey is to complete a designated number of coaching hours. In order to do that you will work with your SCTP instructor to create a plan of action to practice and experience coaching as much as possible. Becoming a certified coach is like learning a new language; it requires repetition and practice. Offer your coaching service to as many people as you can, regardless of the niche, and in time you will feel more confident in your abilities.
The next thing as crucial as practicing is to partner with a mentor and get supervision on your Professional coaching competencies. Find a mentor that will help you refine your coaching capabilities and improve them to align with ICF’s competencies and code of ethics.
The next phase is to demonstrate an understanding and mastery of the ICF definition of coaching, Code of Ethics, and Core Competencies. There will be an oral and written assessment process for you to demonstrate this knowledge.
The Shipley Coach Training Program ACTP is a professional coach certification training program that includes mentoring as well as both oral and written assessment components built into the program. Therefore, enrolling in the ACTP program will help you to become a certified coach easier than other avenues, as the program itself is structured in alignment with all the steps of certification.